Wordpress 2.2 has been released.It's called "Getz includes a number of new features, most notably Widgets integration, and over two hundred bug fixes.The name is in honor of tenor saxophonist Stan Getz.The new version includes:
- WordPress Widgets. A drag and drop interface now allows you to add your sidebar widgets via the GUI. In v2.2 this is included with the core of the program, not as add on plugin as in previous versions
- Full Atom Support This makes the RSS2 protocol yesterday’s news(reader)
- Improved Importer. Better Google Blogger importer functionality means you can now suck up the new Blogger posts (as opposed to the previous version’s support for legacy blogger only) when you step up to WordPress instead of trying to cut and paste or using FeedBurner workarounds.
- Infinite Comment Stream. While we never condone the use of the word “infinite” when describing data quantities, this means of dealing with comments via AJAX page switching is intriguing.
- Protection from Yourself. WordPress now disallows you from activating a plugin that will break your blog
- Performance Gains. As usual, some juicy speed optimizations on core plugins and filters are included in this update and which is sure to be music to the ears of those who run high