Family Time for the Holidays

I could really care less about the gift-giving aspect of the holidays. Sure, they're always nice to get, and the food is always good to eat, and the music does warm your heart, but there's one thing that I REALLY need during the holidays that totally trumps the rest of that. I need to spend time with my family, first and foremost.
I hate to admit it, but I probably didn't view the holidays this way for most of my years growing up. You know, as a kid it's easy to get caught up in all the grandeur and magic of it all and overlook the fact that the holidays bring whole families together on a regular basis. This year, though, I'm making sure everyone feels appreciated. I'm hosting at my place, and I'm working on making a very nice seating area in the living room big enough for our whole 20-person clan. I even made arrangements for my neighbor, who works with web domain products to come. I'm looking forward to sitting and enjoying each other instead of going in a million different directions. It should be one of the best Christmases yet, and one I hope everyone remembers for a long time!

Advertise with my Blog